Browse Our Locations »

The H&K Group Hosts a Successful 9th Annual Charity Golf Open

Thursday, October 15, 2015

The H&K Group Hosts a Successful 9th Annual Charity Golf Open On September 19, The H&K Group held its 9th Annual Charity Golf Outing at Lederach Golf Club in Harleysville, PA, with proceeds benefiting The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.

The H&K Group, headquartered in Skippack, PA, hosted the annual event which brought
together employees, as well as friends, family, valued vendors, customers and clients, for a fun day of golf and camaraderie.  While the day’s festivities were enjoyed by all, it was the spirit of charity, with all money raised donated directly to The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, which drove this event. This year’s outing was a phenomenal success, bringing in $20,000 thanks to an incredible response of sponsorships and generosity from employees, long-time business partners, and many local businesses offering in-kind donations.  

Each year, a charitable organization is selected to be the beneficiary of this
event. Due to the proximity of The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House located in nearby Philadelphia, PA, and most importantly the value and support it has and will continue to
provide seriously ill children and their families throughout our local area, it
was only fitting to select The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House as the
recipient this year.  Chris Callanan, Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, Director of Events & Corporate Development, participated in the golf outing and even addressed the crowd
before the start.  Chris shared information on what the Ronald McDonald House is all about and what they do for families and even a few inspirational stories on families that have been through the

On Tuesday, October 13th, Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House’s, Chris Callanan
was presented the $20,000 check by The H&K Group’s Jennifer Bealer, Amy Rose and Tony Jeremias.  

About The H&K Group:
Founded in 1968, The H&K Group Family of Companies provide heavy civil/site contracting and construction services, construction materials including crushed stone, asphalt and ready-mix
, building materials including architectural stone, mulch and biosoil products, concrete block retaining wall products, soil management and materials recycling services and facilities through over 80 operations in four states including eastern PA, NJ, MD and DE.  Further
information on The H&K Group Family of Companies may be found by pointing your browser to or calling 610.584.8500.

About Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House:
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope.  Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, a Hospitality Kiosk at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and a Ronald McDonald Camp.  Over 90% of our funding comes from individuals and corporate donors, and the remaining 10% is provided by Ronald McDonald House Charities. White it costs the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House nearly $90 a night per family to provide housing and supportive services, families are only asked to contribute $15 per night.  No one is ever turned away due to the inability to pay.